It’s that time of year again—when we reflect on the current year and set our advertising goals for 2022.
Outdoor advertising has grown 11% annually over the last five years. Here at AllOver Media, we’re sharing what we consider to be the top 7 new out-of-home (OOH) marketing trends you need to know about to efficiently grow your campaigns and connect with more customers in the New Year.
As you plan out your OOH advertising in 2022, use these trends to help you reach your marketing goals.
Data Targeting is Still Key
Gone are the days when companies would cast a wide net, cross their fingers, and hope to reach their target audiences. Due to an increase in data analysis, it’s easy to dive deeper into “who” specifically responds most to your out-of-home advertisements.
More analysis—both retrospective and predictive—means you can focus on customers who are most likely to engage with your brand. This type of efficiency is great news for both your budgets and marketers, as you begin a targeted strategy to attract your ideal audience!
- Put it into Practice: Try digital OOH advertising. OOH advertising increased by 38% in the second quarter of 2021, and digital OOH is leading the way. Do you feel you’ve pushed your social media and digital advertising as far as they can go? Consider putting energy into this modern version of traditional media.
But Plan for Versatility
It’s no secret that 2020 and 2021 transformed the way people market. While companies primarily were dealing with the unanticipated challenges of a pandemic, it also provided opportunities for companies to innovate, as they shifted to customer retention, virtual events, and eCommerce.
Upcoming changes will be no less disruptive, with a wave of increased data privacy restrictions from both internet companies and governments. In response, analytics will need to be adjusted and new metrics put into place.
- Put it into Practice: Embrace the opportunity for creativity. As written in this Forbes Business Council article, “The only constant in marketing is change….Successful marketers are not the ones who complain the loudest; they are usually the ones who can adapt the quickest.”
Don’t Forget About Digital Billboards Trucks
Now is the time to invest in LED billboard trucks to engage with more customers. Use video, animated art, or static imagery to convey your message! On the road, these trucks capture the attention of your audience. Furthermore, because these trucks can be positioned in high-trafficked areas, this OOH strategy offers an advantage over more traditional models.
- Put it into Practice: Put content in context. With DOOH advertising and geo-fencing, you can directly target your content to exactly where the buyer is, both physically and within the buying journey. OOH agencies like AllOver Media offer advertising on digital billboard trucks to increase your digital footprint in the real world.
It’s All About Branding
In 2021, branding was everything, and that’s not stopping anytime soon. Keeping your branding consistent across multiple channels and ad platforms will create a fun, cohesive experience for customers.
As Liz Papagni at Business2Community notes, “In-store, online, in-app, and even out-of-home advertising should all work together seamlessly to identify your buyer, determine where they are in the buyer’s journey, and help them complete a purchase without skipping a beat between the various channels they use.”
- Put it into Practice: Try a multi-channel OOH campaign. Consumers across the board crave a unique experience when shopping. By using a thoughtful and layered OOH marketing approach, you can give them what they’re looking for. This is why AllOver Media offers multi-channel options, including DOOH advertising, geo-fencing, and static OOH advertising solutions, to complement your digital and in-home efforts.
As in 2021, experts are anticipating an increase of storytelling in OOH advertisements. Compelling and authentic storylines stick in a consumer’s mind and help them retain information about your products, goods, or services. You can utilize several stories with similar themes or a singular slogan. Or tell part of a story at a time to generate interest as people wait for the next piece.
- Put it into Practice: If you’re struggling with developing a story, follow a tried-and-true formula. Traditionally, ad storylines utilize a central, relatable character with a problem or wish and pair that with the featured brand saving the day. Just be sure to generate creative ideas, as a consumer can spot a manufactured story easily and won’t engage as deeply with something they feel is forced or inauthentic.
Remember to ‘Do Good’
And speaking of authenticity, today’s consumers are more conscientious about whether their money is going to a business that supports their values. Companies are now expected to be transparent about everything from working conditions to politics, and what you say versus what you do will be heavily scrutinized by savvy consumers.
- Put it into Practice: Implement—and promote—ethics-based practices. Not all consumers have the same values. It’s important to focus on your target audience and ensure your message will resonate with them. Ultimately, what you find here can be the foundation for your storytelling and messaging throughout all your marketing channels.
Reach Your 2022 Marketing Goals with AllOver Media
The New Year is just around the corner. If you want your advertising in 2022 campaigns spruced up and ready to roll out, it’s time to reach out to the OOH experts.
Check out our work for inspiration on how we can help you reach your marketing goals. Connect with our team at AllOver Media to stay ahead of the curve and kickstart your OOH advertising campaigns.