Accountant, Accounts Payable
AllOver Media seamlessly weaves relevant brand messages into the daily lives of engaged consumers. Founded in 2002, we are the largest alternative out-of-home company in the U.S. We deliver unrivaled national coverage and precise targeting to provide solutions wherever our advertising partners need them. Our suite of advertising products include gas station advertising, truckside and transit advertising, indoor advertising, door hangers and more.
We currently have an opening for an Accountant, Accounts Payable, on our Accounting Team. Based in the Twin Cities metro area, this position is primarily responsible for overseeing accounting activities relating to accounts payable and to assist the accounting department with the overall objective of the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and set of managerial reports and financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shares in the day-to-day responsibilities of corporate account payables with direction from Senior Accountant.
- Responsible for continuous maintenance of vendor data integrity, including addresses, tax identification numbers, and transaction history.
- Reviews invoices and check requests received. Distributes expense invoices for proper approvals. Processes approved invoices into Company’s general ledger software, Sage Intacct.
- Processes payments for vendors via checks, wires, or ACH.
- Collects and enters corporate credit card detail and reconciles credit card payments.
- Assists with month end close processes and journal entries related to vendors/payables.
- Prepares account reconciliations for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Reviews monthly statements, calls vendors for missing invoices and completes research to resolve discrepancies.
- Opens mail, sorts, and distributes to appropriate individuals.
- Assists with annual process for providing 1099 tax documents to vendors. Works with Senior Accountant to solicit requests for tax identification information from vendors throughout the year.
- Provides audit support as requested by external auditors for year-end financial reporting requirements.
- Answers accounting and financial questions from Operations by researching and interpreting data.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting, finance, or a related field from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles required (GAAP).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Accounting Software.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, vendors, and clients.
- At least 1 year in a similar field and experience with general ledgers and balance sheet reconciliations is strongly preferred.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer a competitive base salary with benefits. AllOver Media’s benefits package includes: PTO, Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K, and Life Insurance.
AllOver Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work in the United States. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your information on our application portal: Apply Here